Brian E Perron
Professor of Social Work, School of Social Work and Faculty Associate, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Perron’s research focuses on mental disorders and addiction, emphasizing services, clinical epidemiology, and measurement. In recent work he explores the effective use of administrative data to improve service delivery and other business processes in service organizations.
- Perron,Brian E, Krings, Amy , Victor, Bryan G, Mathias, John . 2019. Environmental social work in the disciplinary literature, 1991-2015. International Social Work :0020872818788397.
- Perron,Brian E, Wang, Miao , Victor, Bryan G, Hong, Jun Sung, Wu, Shiyou , Huang, Jin , Luan, Hui . 2019. A Scoping Review of Interventions to Promote Health and Well-Being of Left-behind Children in Mainland China. The British Journal of Social Work
- Perron,Brian E, Wang, Miao , Victor, Bryan G, Wu, Shiyou . 2019. Associations between family structure and social-emotional development among school-aged children in mainland China. Asia Pacific Journal of Social Work and Development :1-15.
- Ryan,Joseph P, Perron,Brian E, Victor, Bryan G, Henry, Colleen , Gilbert, Terri Ticknor. 2019. Child Protective Service Referrals Involving Exposure to Domestic Violence: Prevalence, Associated Maltreatment Types, and Likelihood of Formal Case Openings. Child Maltreatment 24(3):299-309.
- Perron,Brian E, Chermack, Stephen T, Bonar, Erin E, Goldstick, Jason E, Winters, Jamie , Blow, Frederic C, Friday, Steven , Ilgen, Mark A, Rauch, Sheila A. M., Ngo, Quyen M, Walton, Maureen A. 2019. A randomized controlled trial for aggression and substance use involvement among Veterans: Impact of combining Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Treatment and telephone-based Continuing Care. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 98:78-88.
- Perron,Brian E, Holt, Katlyn R, Yeagley, Emily , Ilgen, Mark . 2019. Mental health functioning and severity of cannabis withdrawal among medical cannabis users with chronic pain. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 194:401-409.
- Ryan,Joseph P, Perron,Brian E, Victor, Bryan G, Resko, Stella M. 2019. Identification of Domestic Violence Service Needs Among Child Welfare-Involved Parents With Substance Use Disorders: A Gender-Stratified Analysis. Journal of Interpersonal Violence :0886260518768569.
- Perron,Brian E, Ryan,Joseph P, Victor, Bryan G, Bushman, Gregory , Moore, Andrew , Lu, Alex Jiahong, Piellusch, Emily K. 2019. Detecting substance-related problems in narrative investigation summaries of child abuse and neglect using text mining and machine learning. Child Abuse & Neglect 98:104180.
- Ryan,Joseph P, Perron,Brian E, Bushman, Gregory , Victor, Bryan G. 2019. In Utero Exposure to Opioids: An Observational Study of Mothers Involved in the Child Welfare System. Substance Use & Misuse
- Ryan,Joseph P, Jacob,Brian Aaron, Perron,Brian E, Gross, Max , Moore, Andrew , Ferguson, Sharlyn . 2018. Early Exposure to Child Maltreatment and Academic Outcomes. Child Maltreatment 23(4):365-375.