Research Support Fund
The University of Michigan Population Studies Center Training Program offers support on a rolling basis for PSC predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees to support research projects and professional development. The maximum award amount is $750.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
- All predoctoral trainees and postdoctoral fellows in the PSC training program are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive one award from the PSC Research Support Fund within an academic year (September to August). PSC Research Support Fund recipients are still eligible to apply for other awards through the annual PSC small grants program during the same academic year.
- Recipients who have not submitted the final report for a prior year’s award made through any PSC grant program are not eligible to apply to the PSC Research Support Fund.
- Trainees who are past-due on program requirements are not eligible to apply.
- Trainees who are eligible to receive support to attend the annual meeting of the Population Association of America through the PSC training program may not also apply to the Research Support Fund for that purpose in the same year.
Application Review: The PSC Research Support Fund application is available below. Applications must be submitted for approval before any expense is accrued. If awarded, expenses accrued prior to award notification will not be funded.
Members of the training committee will evaluate all requests, typically within two weeks of submission, but applications must be made with adequate lead-time to allow for any necessary administrative processing.
Period of award: Approved funds must be used in the award academic year and will not be carried over into the following academic year (September-August). Funds not spent in the awarded period will be withdrawn. Awards are issued as reimbursements, unless other arrangements are specifically made in advance.
IRB Requirements: No funds will be released until all IRB permissions are in place. Please plan accordingly so funds can be spent during the awarded period.
Final Report:A 1-2 paragraph final report and all receipts are required at the end of the period of research. This report should include a description of your research activities, findings, products (e.g. papers, presentations, grant proposals) and future plans.