Jeffrey D Morenoff
Professor of Sociology, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, Research Professor, Population Studies Center, Research Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research and Professor of Public Policy, Gerald R Ford School of Public Policy
Dr. Morenoff’s research interests focus on neighborhood environments, crime and criminal justice, the social determinants of health, and racial/ethnic/immigrant inequality. He is currently conducting research on prisoner reentry, the social context and spatial dynamics of health and crime, and neighborhood social processes.
- Zhang,Shiyu, Wagner,James Robert, Elisabeth Gerber, Morenoff,Jeffrey D. 2022. What Parcel Tax Records Tell Us About Homeownership Measurement in Surveys. Survey Research Methods 16(2):133-145.
- Becker, Nora V., Koripella, Sribharat, Karmakar, Monita, Mick Couper, Gerber, Elisabeth R., Morenoff,Jeffrey D, Ayanian, John Z.. 2022. Rates of Delayed Care Among Detroit Residents During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of General Internal Medicine 37:2611-2613.
- Wagner, Abram L., Wileden, Lydia, Shanks, Trina R., Goold, Susan Door, Morenoff,Jeffrey D, Sheinfeld Gorin, Sherri N.. 2022. Mediators of Racial Differences in COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance and Uptake: A Cohort Study in Detroit, MI. Vaccines 10(1):36.
- Lydia Wileden, Denise Anthony, Celeste Campos-Castillo, Morenoff,Jeffrey D. 2022. Resident Willingness to Participate in Digital Contact Tracing in a COVID-19 Hotspot: Findings from a Detroit Panel Study. JMIR public health and surveillance
- Audrey Hickert, Shawn D. Bushway, David J. Harding, Morenoff,Jeffrey D. 2021. Prior punishments and cumulative disadvantage: How supervision status impacts prison sentences. Criminology 60(1):27-59.
- Abram L. Wagner, Sherri Sheinfeld Gorin, Matthew L. Boulton, Brian A. Glover, Morenoff,Jeffrey D. 2021. Effect of vaccine effectiveness and safety on COVID-19 vaccine acceptance in Detroit, Michigan, July 2020. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 17(9):2940-2945.
- Morenoff,Jeffrey D, Harding, David J., Binswanger, Ingrid A, Nguyen, Anh P, Xu, Stanley . 2020. The association of criminal justice supervision setting with overdose mortality: a longitudinal cohort study. Addiction n/a(n/a)
- Morenoff,Jeffrey D, Harding, David J., Borschmann, Rohan , Tibble, Holly , Spittal, Matthew J, Preen, David , Pirkis, Jane , Larney, Sarah , Rosen, David L, Young, Jesse T, Love, Alexander D, Altice, Frederick L, Binswanger, Ingrid A, Bukten, Anne , Butler, Tony , Chang, Zheng , Chen, Chuan-Yu , Clausen, Thomas , Christensen, Peer Brehm, Culbert, Gabriel J. 2020. The Mortality After Release from Incarceration Consortium (MARIC): Protocol for a multi-national, individual participant data meta-analysis. International Journal of Population Data Science 5(1)
- David J. Harding, Morenoff,Jeffrey D, Jessica J. B. Wyse. 2019. On the Outside: Prisoner Reentry and Reintegration.
- Margaret Hicken, Morenoff,Jeffrey D, House,James S, Lee, Hedwig . 2019. Racial/ethnic Disparities in Hypertension Prevalence: Reconsidering the Role of Chronic Stress. Community Health Equity: A Chicago Reader :pp 173-244.