Elisa Maria Maffioli
Assistant Professor of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health and Faculty Associate, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research
Elisa M. Maffioli is an Assistant Professor of Health Management and Policy at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. Her main research focuses on development economics and health economics, with a focus on global health topics such as HIV, malaria, nutrition, and the Ebola Virus Disease. She is currently working on research projects in Liberia, Kenya, Brazil, Myanmar, and India. Her work has been funded by the J-Pal Governance Initiative, the International Growth Center, and Duke University. Elisa completed a Ph.D. in Economics at Duke University, and a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Economics and Social Sciences at Bocconi University in Milan. During her Ph.D. studies, she has been a Scholar at Duke Global Health Institute. She has been a consultant for UNICEF and Save the Children in Myanmar, and for the World Bank in Lesotho. She has also worked as a researcher at IGIER, Bocconi University.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria, O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme, Menya, Diana , Laktabai, Jeremiah , Platt, Alyssa , Saran, Indrani , Kipkoech, Joseph , Mohanan, Manoj , Turner, Elizabeth L. 2018. Improving rational use of ACTs through diagnosis-dependent subsidies: Evidence from a cluster-randomized controlled trial in western Kenya. PLOS Medicine 15(7):e1002607.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria, Mohanan, Manoj . 2018. Touching beliefs: Using touchscreen technology to elicit subjective expectations in survey research. PLOS ONE 13(11):e0207484.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria, Laktabai, Jeremiah , Lesser, Adriane , Platt, Alyssa , Mohanan, Manoj , Menya, Diana , O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme, Turner, Elizabeth L. 2017. Innovative public-private partnership to target subsidised antimalarials: a study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial to evaluate a community intervention in Western Kenya. BMJ Open 7(3):e013972.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria. 2017. Is traditional male circumcision effective as an HIV prevention strategy? Evidence from Lesotho. PLOS ONE 12(5):e0177076.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria, Saran, Indrani , Menya, Diana , O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme. 2017. Household beliefs about malaria testing and treatment in Western Kenya: the role of health worker adherence to malaria test results. Malaria Journal 16(1):349.
- Maffioli,Elisa Maria, O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme, Mohanan, Manoj , Laktabai, Jeremiah , Lesser, Adriane , Platt, Alyssa , Turner, Elizabeth L, Menya, Diana . 2016. Assessing the independent and combined effects of subsidies for antimalarials and rapid diagnostic testing on fever management decisions in the retail sector: results from a factorial randomised trial in western Kenya. BMJ Global Health 1(2):e000101.