Barbara A Anderson
Ronald Freedman Collegiate Professor of Sociology and Population Studies, Professor of Sociology, Department of Sociology, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and Research Professor, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Anderson studies the relationship between social change and demographic change. Her research focuses on the former Soviet Union, China and South Africa. Her teaching centers on the relationship between social and demographic change and on technical demography.
- Anderson,Barbara A, Fleming, Paul J., Mosley, Elizabeth A, Harris, Lisa H, Schulz, Amy J. 2019. Attitudes toward abortion, social welfare programs, and gender roles in the U.S. and South Africa. Critical Public Health
- Anderson,Barbara A, Mosley, Elizabeth A, King, Elizabeth J, Schulz, Amy J, Harris, Lisa H, De Wet, Nicole . 2017. Abortion attitudes among South Africans: findings from the 2013 social attitudes survey. Culture Health & Sexuality 19(8):918-933.
- Anderson,Barbara A. 2015. World Population Dynamics: An Introduction to Demography.
- Anderson,Barbara A. 2014. Projecting Low Fertility: Some Thoughts about the Plausibility and Implications of Assumptions (in Russian). Demograficheskoye obozrenie (Demographic Review) 1:57-106.
- Anderson,Barbara A, Nhlapo, Mosidi S. 2013. The Rise of the African Middle Class and Continued Racial Inequality in South Africa. Poverty in Focus 26
- Anderson,Barbara A, Wentzel, Marie , Romani, John H, Phillips, Heston E. 2011. Exploring Environmental Consciousness in South Africa. Africa in Focus: Governance in the 21st Century :130-145.
- Anderson,Barbara A, Romani, John H. 2009. Socio-economic Characteristics and Excess Female Infant Mortality in Jilin Province, China. Population and Society 5(2):1-25.
- Anderson,Barbara A, Phillips, Heston E. 2006. Trends in the Percent of Children who are Orphans in South Africa: 1995-2005.
- Anderson,Barbara A, Romani, John H, Liu, Jinyun . 2006. Distribution and Availability of Health Personnel in Yunnan Province: 1982-2000. 2000 Population Census of China: Proceedings of International
- Anderson,Barbara A. 2006. Undercount in China's 2000 Census in Comparative Perspective. 2000 Population Census of China: Proceedings of International Seminar